Location: Hybrid working. Minimum three days office based in Lincoln. LN6 3QS.
Contract: Full time (4-month probation) leading to full time position
Hours: 9am – 5pm + weekends when necessary
Salary: Flexible dependant on experience
In a nut shell
You will be involved in all aspects of the business, from the planning & delivering our social media plans, customer service, answering phone calls, event operations, to mention just a few aspects of the job. You will be the event lead for our supporting events, such as the Future Outlaw & Outlaw Swim events.
Who we are
OSB Events was formed 30 years ago, starting as a college project. OSB Events have built a reputation for setting event organisation standards, winning more industry awards than anyone else. We organise mass participation triathlons and running events, including The Outlaw Triathlon Series & Cambridge Half Marathon. In 2018, OSB joined forces with CSM Sport & Entertainment, one of the largest sports marketing groups in the World, spread over 25 offices worldwide. Expect to spend a little time in our London office as well. We are looking for someone to join us as we continue to develop & grow over the next few years.
Who you need to be
We are looking for someone who has the same drive and passion as us. Your attention to detail needs to be massive, we don’t want someone who wants to cut corners or do half a job. You need to be driven, fit well into a team whilst also having the ability to work on your own. You must be able to work hard, both physically & mentally, because we do! More than anything, you need to love what you do!
Experience & qualifications
You do not need to be working in the events industry already but any experience you have will obviously be beneficial. The key is your social media knowledge, customer care skills, knowledge of the sport of triathlon & creativity. Strong grammar, communication and IT skills are essential, so any experience or qualification in these areas would be good.
What you’ll be doing
As the role will be so varied, each day is likely to be different. You will be working to support each department – mainly in the customer services department, but also in marketing & operational planning. Day-to-day customer services role includes answering telephone, email & social media questions. Working with our marketing team & event partners, to communicate our key messages to our growing database of athletes & partners. On event weekends, you’ll become part of our event delivery team, which will include long hours but will be very rewarding.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Essential (no specific order)
• Knowledge of all types of social media
• Passion for sporting events - triathlon
• Creative thinking
• Customer services
• Ability to learn
• Full & clean driving licence
• Organisational skills
• Excellent use of the English language
• Great communications, both written & verbal
• Bags of confidence
• Knowledge of email marketing software
• Good team player
• Experience of working with the general public
• Strong IT skills
• Can work when under pressure
• Degree level educated
• A Level or equivalent in English & IT
• Experience within the events industry
• Experience in competing in triathlon or running events
• Work to support all departments – customer services, marketing & operations
• Work with all partners – commercial & supplier
• Work closely with the other members of the team to link internal communications
• Respond to queries via phone, email & social media
• Help to implement marketing plan
• Create & implement social media plan
• Update merchandise system
• Assist with production of event management plans
• Liaise with volunteers
• Assist with equipment maintenance
• Submissions of CV & personal statement – applications close 15th August 2021.
• Interviews – w/c 30th August 2021.
(NB – if we find the right candidate then we have the option to close applications early)
If you have any questions, or to apply for this position, please send your CV & personal statement to ‘email@example.com’ with the subject heading ‘Event Assistant’.