6. Nobody is going to give you the glory you have to work for it - So by pushing beyond the limits you thought you had, you are going to be able to push your mind forwards and handle the suffering that comes with getting the glory!
7. Train your weaknesses - If you only train your strengths then how are you every going to improve?
8. Aim high - Goals need to be realistic but always aim to push past them.
9. Enjoy the glory! - The biggest lesson for me has been to start enjoying what I've achieved. Think of all the dedication and will power it took to get to this point then set your next goal. Keep a constant cycle of progression but don’t forget to remember where you started and be proud of your achievements so far.
10. Learn from failure - This has been the biggest key for me. I had to learn from failure to allow me to succeed. So if something goes wrong write it down and then work out how you can improve on this for next time.
11. Never give up! - No matter what anybody says or even if you fail. People who say you will never achieve are just dealing with their own insecurities. If you’re focused, determined and dedicated there will be no stopping you. So what are you waiting for its time to #smashitup!
We hope these tips help you get ready, but would love to hear your own tips for being race ready. Tweet us @OSBevents or comment on our Facebook page
Places are selling out fast for the Clumber Duathlon, so dont forget to sign up here!